Creating a chart from a SQL database
From the home page select the Create New Chart option. If you cannot see this option then you do not have administration rights to TeamOrgChart. You will need to contact your administrator and ask for rights to be granted to you.
Give your chart a name and click the "Choose this source" button for the "SQL server connection" data source option.
To connect to the server you will need to supply the following information:
- A valid database connection string.
- A valid SQL statement that will return the data required for the chart. This can be either a stored procedure or a SELECT statement.
- The name of the column that contains the primary key information. The primary key uniquely identifies each person within the organisation.
- The name of the column that contains the manager information.
- A valid SQL statement that will return the data from a user search query. For example if an user searches for 'John' the query should return all the rows that match John.
Once you have supplied the information press Test Connection. This will connect to the database and execute the SELECT query.
After successfully connecting to the database Save Changes to move to the next configuration step.